by Leslie Cox; Saturday; September 16, 2017
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes at 375 °F (180 °C)
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F.
2. Using a basting brush, brush bottom of 9 x 13 inch (22.5 x 33 cm) baking dish with extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
3. Slice eggplant lengthwise into ½ inch (1.25 cm) slices. Lay slices in baking dish. Do not overlap.
4. Sprinkle eggplant slices lightly with each of the following in succession: sugar, garlic salt, basil and oregano. (Option: Hold the basil and oregano and add on top of the tomatoes.)
5. Cut tomatoes into fairly thick slices and lay on top of eggplant slices.
6. Chop green onions and sprinkle over top of tomato slices.
7. Crumble feta generously over top of each eggplant slice. Try not to allow too much of the feta to fall off the slices.
8. Dribble a little olive oil over each slice.
9. Bake in 375 °F oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve immediately.