(Please note: we are not offering our Garden Teas in 2022 due to COVID.)
We are booking dates for small group tours to visit our garden in 2022. Contact us to book your special garden experience in a beautiful setting in Black Creek.
May we also suggest this is a really nice adventure to share with visiting friends and family members to the Comox Valley…especially those friends and family who are gardeners themselves, or enjoy wandering in an eclectic garden.
Please contact us to book this special experience.
Special Garden Events – 2019
- CV Newcomers Garden Tour
May 9th – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Filberg Seniors Garden Tour
May 9th – 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Green Thumb Garden Club Garden Tour
June 5th – 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Qualicum Beach Garden Club bus tour
June 18th – 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- BBQ for family to celebrate eldest grandson’s Graduation
Garden closed to public on this date
Special Garden Events – 2018
- Creating Your Own Organic Potting Soil Blends for Containers
April 21st – 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
(workshop for CVHS members only)
Special Garden Events – 2017
- South Surrey Garden Club bus tour
June 16th & 17th – specific date & time TBA
Special Garden Events – 2016
- Garden Tour for CV Horticultural Society members only
Saturday, May 14th – 12 to 4 p.m.
- NIRS Mother’s Day Garden Tour
(North Island Rhododendron Society’s fund-raising garden tour)
Sunday, May 8th – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tickets are available from NIRS members. For more info, visit their website here.
Some comments from garden visitors:
“Love the hosta collection.”
“We enjoyed your garden immensely.”
“Stunning plant combinations.”
“Thank you for sharing your garden.”
Special Garden Events – 2014.
- Green Thumb Garden Club
Garden Tour & Tea
May 28th – 2 p.m.
What the ladies said:
“Such a lovely garden”
“It was the best afternoon tea I had ever experienced”
“A wonderful tea in beautiful surroundings”
- Floral & Hardy Garden Club
June 5th – 1:30 p.m.
What the ladies said:
“A lovely way to spend an afternoon with my gardening friends.”
“Delicious treats with tea.”
Special Garden Events – 2013
- Celebration Memorial for Hugh Ferguson – Saturday, July 6th
(This is a private family event. Garden will be closed to the public.)
- Campbell River Art Gallery Garden Tour – June 22nd & 23rd – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days
Tickets are $15/person. Proceeds from ticket sales go to support art programs for children.
Campbell River Art Gallery – 1235 Shopper’s Row
Willows Farm & Market Centre – Willow Point
Campbell River Visitor Centre – Tyee Plaza
Comox Valley Art Gallery – 580 Duncan Ave(Garden will be open to Tour participants only.)
What some garden tour visitors said about the garden:
“Lovely – Restful”
“Wonderful & secluded”
“Great venture. Loved our day.”
“How lovely. Can I stay?”
John and I had great fun sharing our gardens with the tour guests. Everyone was very gracious.
And the hummingbirds provided some marvelous entertainment!
Special Garden Events – 2012
- Artists in the Garden – July 22nd – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Painting Outdoors – Sponsored by the Campbell River Art Gallery
(Garden open to participating artists only.)
- Campbell River Art Gallery Garden Tour – July 7th & 8th – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days
Tickets $15. Proceeds from sales go towards children programs at the Art Gallery.
(Garden open to Tour participants only.)
- Comox Valley Horticultural Society Open Garden Tour – May 27th – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Garden open to CVHS Members only.
Leslie & John Cox
(aka Duchess of Dirt & Duke of Compost)
Growing Concern Cottage Garden
7896 Fairview Rd Black Creek, BC V9J 1G5